Cleanse Your Aura + Clear Your Space
Sage smudging has been apart of my self-care ritual for quite some time now.
It's a ritual of alchemy — changing and shifting the air element; transforming our current experience to a spiritual one. Living in such an overpopulated city such as NYC, we are subjected to a lot of energy. We can't necessarily control which energy to absorb because we’re sponges that suck in whatever is presented to us. However, we DO have control over what to do with that energy; either to pass it on as it was presented to us or relinquish it in a more positive light.
MY CLEANSING RITUAL
- Open all doors, closets, and windows in my space to let fresh air in and negative energy out.
- Light the Sage bundle, focusing on my breath.
- Recite a positive affirmation while smudging my entire space, beginning and ending at the front door.
- Close off my ritual by placing my hands over my heart to show gratitude to my Native American ancestors for their guidance and love during this sacred time.
Some ideal times to smudge your space:
- When you move into a living space
- Before Meditation
- Upon returning home from loud, crowded situations
- After an argument
- Before and after a guest enters your living space
- Before you begin a new job or start your own business
All my love,